Mine Closure 2022
15th International Conference on Mine Closure
4-6 October 2022 | Brisbane, QLD, Australia
- The list of received papers is now available to view.
- Click here to view the list of confirmed keynote speakers.
- International travellers are encouraged to apply for the necessary visas now. Please visit the Australian Government website for up-to-date advice.
- The ACG thanks our confirmed sponsors for their support. Click here to view the sponsorship opportunities available.
- Click here to view the current list of attending companies.
The series of International Conferences on Mine Closure is a fixture on the calendars of many mining professionals, providing topical and high quality papers and presentations on a range of topics of immediate interest and relevance.
A key feature of the conference series is the diversity of disciplines and expertise that come together to focus on the pressing issues facing the mine closure community globally.
The ACG’s priority is the safety and well-being of the delegates, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors of our further education and training conferences and events. All attendees are strongly encouraged to attend in person; the ACG looks forward to welcoming many mine closure industry professionals to Brisbane in October 2022. Worldwide delegates are able to participate via a leading online event platform.
Previous conferences have been held in:
- 2021 Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- 2019 Perth, Australia
- 2018 Leipzig, Germany
- 2016 Perth, Australia
- 2015 Vancouver, Canada
- 2014 Johannesburg, South Africa
- 2013 Cornwall, England
- 2012 Brisbane, Australia
- 2011 Alberta, Canada
- 2010 Vina del Mar, Chile
- 2009 Perth, Australia
- 2008 Johannesburg, South Africa
- 2007 Santiago, Chile
- 2006 Perth, Australia
ACG Online Repository of Conference Proceedings
There is a range of papers from previous mine closure conferences that are freely available to download from the ACG Online Repository of Conference Proceedings.
Mine Closure 2021 papers are freely available for download at papers.acg.uwa.edu.au/c/mc2021
View the full range at papers.acg.uwa.edu.au/f/mineclosure
Hard copy proceedings are also available for purchase from the ACG Online Shop.
- Nutrient cycling
- Litters and plant-soil feedbacks
- Root establishment and soil depth
- Plant-microbe symbionts
- Soil fertility
Planning, relinquishment and legacy management
- Closure objectives and criteria
- Planning and relinquishment
- Rehabilitation and closure planning
- Process of planning
- Statutory compliance
Landform design and rehabilitation
- Landform design and ecological restoration
- Engineering design
- Surface water control
- Erosion control
- Habitat development and recolonisation
- Rehabilitation performance monitoring
- Climate change prediction
Decommissioning and waste management
- Mine infrastructure decommissioning
- Construction, decommissioning, waste management
- Recycling – maximising asset values
- Material stewardship
- Hazardous materials
Financing and cost estimation
- Fidelity funds
- Due diligence
- Asset value creation
Stakeholders and community
- Sustainable community capacity
- Communication and education
- Legacy management systems
- Custodial transfers
- Closure of small-scale and artisanal operations
- Community health and safety
Site remediation and impact management
- Contaminant clean-up
- Residual impact
- Water management
- Acid mine drainage
- Outcome-based risk management
Project management and execution
- Delivery methods
- Case studies
- Construction tolerances
- Implementing new technologies
The ACG is calling for expressions of interest in hosting upcoming Mine Closure conferences. Email us to learn more.
The ACG is also calling for hosts of workshops/short courses to run alongside the upcoming Mine Closure 2022 conference. Click here to express your interest in hosting a Mine Closure 2022 Associated Event.